Saturday, October 31, 2009

Living & Training Eskrima in the P.I

Hi All,

Well, this is the new blog. I had one previously at ebay but they're getting rid of them. Anyway, I could do with a fresh start so here we are.

As it says in the description; this blog will be about living in the P.I (Philippines) and training in Bahad Zu'bu Mangtas Baraw (A form of Eskrima). It will also feature shameless plugs for our webstore - www.eskrimakaliarnis.com - just like that one! The store and practice is a large part of my / our life here. My wife also practices and is invaluable helping run the business.

As to living here...well...I could probably fill up half the internet with reflections on that. I always say that I am lucky that I moved here from Taiwan. If I had have come straight from the U.K so many facets of living in this part of Asia would have killed me. Living here makes you realize how much the Filipino people have to put up with on a daily basis and how much we take for granted...

Trying to do business here is equally frustrating and at turns comical. As for trying to get a taxi.....See? Lots of material. I think I will start the blog with "Taxi's in the Philippines" as I've been saving up the material for a long time and (unfortunately) have many new experiences daily.

Please send me lots of comments. The problem with the ebay blog was that several thousand people read it but not one single person commented. Even to say "Shut-up!" Which I will do now ;)

Simon.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Simon,

    Do you know where I can watch and try out Eskrima or Arnis in Manila? I am visiting in December and would love to know more about it!
    Hope you can email me at zeena.zalamea@gmail.com.

    Thank you,
    Zeena

    ReplyDelete